Call 407‑896‑1894 or 1‑800‑372‑3335 for Details.
Back to top
Purpose of Insurance Discount Class
Florida Safety Council Traffic School offers this insurance discount course designed for drivers age 55 and older to review defensive driving techniques; the effects of aging on driving; how to compensate for the physical and mental changes; and traffic law review. The FL DHSMV has approved this course for a three (3) year auto insurance discount.
The Insurance Discount / Mature Driver course may be court-ordered.
Insurance Discount Class Goal
The goal of the insurance discount class is to help mature drivers within the state of Florida maintain their safe and defensive driving skills, obtain auto insurance discounts, understand their abilities and learn techniques to compensate for changes. Also provides defensive driving training for court-ordered seniors. Once completed individuals will be eligible for a Mandatory Insurance Discount valid for 3 years. (Florida Statute 627.0652)
Insurance Discount Course Content
- Physical effects of aging and medications on driving ability and reaction time.
- Reviewing to certain driving habits, and adjusting to Today's traffic issues.
- Backing and parking.
- Traffic law updates.
- Multiple-lane driving.
- Road sign recognition.
- Urban, rural, and highway driving.
- Vehicle technology updates.
Insurance Discount Classroom Course Format
- Taught by a certified instructor.
- Six (6) hour course taught in either two 3 hour sessions on one day with a lunch break or split over two days.
- An interactive multi-media presentation with a take home student workbook.
- A certificate is issued at completion of the course.
Insurance Discount Course Availability
- Insurance Discount Classes are offered regularly throughout Florida in Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, and Seminole Counties.
- Both are valid in all 67 counties within the state of Florida for a 3 year discount on your insurance. The discount may vary by carrier and based upon driving record.