Students are asked to provide a copy of the court order to ensure the correct information is being listed and the proper agencies are notified of attendance.
Purpose of Street Racing, Aggressive Driving, Road Rage Awareness:
One of the leading problems identified on our roadways is aggressive driving. Whether it stems from road rage or street racing, it is the cause of an increasing number of motor vehicle crashes, injuries and deaths. Statistics have shown an overwhelming number of the crashes have resulted from some form of aggressive driving. Aggressive driving is defined in the DHSMV driver handbook as "...the act of operating a motor vehicle in a selfish, bold, or pushy manner, without regard for the rights or safety of others."
Designed for drivers with multiple traffic offenses and to help drivers who exhibit signs of Aggressive Driving, Road Rage, or Street Racing behaviors. Review and change of the driving behaviors which have created situations and caused offenders to receive traffic tickets and/or become involved in traffic crashes.
COURT ORDERED, Voluntary attendance also allowed.
Instruct students on the value of responsible driving. Identify the cause of most traffic tickets and crashes is not ignorance of traffic laws, but a chosen behavior.
- Addresses negative ramifications of both aggressive driving and street racing activities.
- Understand the basic needs common to all people.
- Define the needs fulfilled by having a driver’s license.
- Accept responsibility for offender’s own actions.
- Establish importance of self-control.
- Identify the cause(s) of violations and poor driving records.
- Identify the advantages of maintaining a good driving record.
- Establish and maintain "safe driving" behaviors and attitudes.
- Become familiar with the signs of aggressive driving.
- Gain insight on how to avoid an aggressive driver.
- Homework assignments required for successful completion.