Purpose of the Vital Living Skills Course
The Vital Living Skills course is a personal-development, self-improvement course designed to offer a program of discipline for the individual to reduce recidivism, avoid incarceration, and change negative thinking and behavior. This course also serves as a motivational tool, and is essential for individuals who need more structure in their lives.
Vital Living Skills Goal
The Vital Living Skills course teaches the participant a variety of life skills, philosophies, and techniques, while building self-esteem and self-confidence in a peer group setting. The course focuses on motivating the student by teaching a myriad of personal development skills including the basic day-to-day skills of budgeting, decision-making, job searching, problem solving, and relationship skills.
- Involves attitude change and identification of negative influences/thinking.
- How to develope good habits, self-motivation, and self-conditioning processes.
- Self-evaluation exercises that assist the individual in organizing and stabilizing their lives.
- Basics of problem solving, dealing with emotions, and handling emotional blocks.
- Creating healthy family relationships, practicing and maintaining nourishing relationships, and establishing inter-family understanding and communications.
- Metods for establishing financial stability.
- Employment search, completing applications, interviewing and job retention.
- Learn how to communicate effectively.
- Understand the consequences of involvement in substance abuse. Discussing, defining, and explaining the physical and psychological dependence and effects.